10/1/08

My Favorite Things

Fellow blogger CKD has a regular feature on her site showcasing her love of over-priced but fabulous cosmetics. Knowing a fellow product whore when she sees one, she issued up the challenge to me. Here goes a list of my favorite things (alternate title: How Roadtripper Gets Free Shipping From Sephora By Spending Way Over $50 With Each Purchase)




Benefit Eye Bright: Blame my genetics because I can roll out of bed after a solid 12 hour slumber sporting dark circles under my eyes that would indicate an all-night drinking binge. A quick swipe of this snazzy pink pencil makes me look well-rested and completely zenful even after the worst bout of insomnia.



OPI nailpolish: I adore OPI and don't even blink when I shell out almost $10 for a bottle. This stuff lasts forever and the colors never streak. My recent obsession has been their Royal Navy color, which has enjoyed heavy rotation on my toe nails all summer long.



Philosophy Hope in a Jar: Hands down, the best moisterizer for my skin. Not at all greasy, absorbs instantly and makes my skin feel like buttah.



Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil in Strawburn: My brows are ridiculously sparse. For years, the only light pencils I could find were ash-blonde and ended up making me look like Ash Wednesday Gone Awry. Anastasia has a fabulous color called Strawburn that is perfect for those of us with an autumn palette.



Revlon ColorStay Mineral Lipglaze: Anyone who knows me well can attest to the fact that I am always smoking a cigarette or sipping a soda, wreaking havoc on any lipstick I wear. This recent drugstore find holds for hours without turning my lips in to a chapped, dried-out mess.



Philosophy Red Velvet Cake 3-in-1 Shower Gel: Any southern girl goes bat shit crazy for red velvet cake. This stuff smells so delish... sans those pesky calories and fat grams.




John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Shock: Makes hair glisten. Not just for brunettes either... I have had almost every color on the Redken wheel and this stuff works like a charm. A bright and very shiney charm.

1 comment:

CKD said...

Well-done, Roadtripper.