9/28/08

Quite The Domestic Diva, Aren't I?

Tonight was the first time I attended an event for my meetup group. The theme was Heavy Appetizer and Wine Potluck. The wine part of the equation was easy but heavy appetizer perplexed me for some reason. I really don't have any recipes for heavy appetizers in my (granted very narrow) repertoire. I was planning on making bruschetta but had an epiphany at the supermarket:

fancy-pants artisan bread $4.21
pesto sauce $4.59
grape tomatoes $5.09
fancy-pants mozzeralla $6.78
fresh basil $3.75 +
________________________
TOO MUCH DAMN $$$$$


Not to mention the time it would take to prepare and assemble this recipe. Screw that! I came up with Plan B.



I may not be Martha Stewart but at least I have cute accessories.



The apron says it all.



My secret weapon. Pilsbury Savorings $4.21 a box and only 20 minutes cooking time.


Will anyone guess my dirty little secret?


No way! Just throw them in baking dishes and act like you slaved over a hot stove all day. They even have little fork marks in them so it looks homeade.

All jokes aside, the girls at the meetup were super-friendly and probably wouldn't have cared if I stopped through the Taco Bell drive-thru on the way in.

3 comments:

Leather Peacock said...

love the apron, where did you get it?

CKD said...

I also love the apron. Hey, I'm all about looking cute and then faking the actual cooking part. Glad the meetup was fun!

Southern Helle said...

Got the apron from our beloved Cafe Press, natch!