9/3/08

Dating Advice From The Scientists


No wonder I haven't been on a good run dating-wise. For years, I have tried above all else not to remind guys of their mothers. No nagging them to pick up their socks. I don't even like to cook them their favorite childhood meal (Who am I kidding? I don't like to cook. Period.)

Perhaps am taking the wrong tact. Scientists are now finding that men are attracted to women who remind them of their mothers. Then again, the study also finds the same rules apply to women. Since there aren't any bespectacled, ginger-haired, fishing-obsessed men on my list of ex-boyfriends, I am going to have to "scientifically" conclude that my dad is not the measuring stick for who I date.

I don't think I am ready to slap on the apron and get a mom hairdo just yet. Is anyone else slightly skeeved out by this whole idea? And who wants a Oedipal momma's boy anyways?

1 comment:

CKD said...

If I come visit you and your hair is in a bouffant and you're whipping up meat loaf I am staging an intervention.