10/8/08

Welcome To The Island: Christian Bale

Just in time to sweep down and rescue us all from The Great Economic Crisis of 2008, this week's island inductees are examples of America's love of superheroes (or of Roadtripper and Bad Wolf's love of hot muscular guys in silly costumes.)



My pick is Christian Bale, the latest Dark Knight. I honestly don't give a fig about Batman yet I squealed like a school girl when I heard Christian Bale was going to don the Caped Crusader's codpiece. This man has talent, not to mention extreme dedication when it comes to his roles. His intensity, smoldering eyes and sick physique are too much for this girl. Just take his role in American Psycho. I didn't know if I should turn off the TV and cower in the other room or roll on the floor with laughter or lick the screen every time he appeared sans shirt (FYI: I chose the latter two options.) He can save the day, even if he does make you feel a little uncomfortable while doing it. And did I mention how hot he is with his shirt off?


2 comments:

Leather Peacock said...

you barely beat me getting my blog up. Nice shots of Mr. Bale. hell, I even watch him in Little Women, though I much prefer the Dark Knight. In that at least, his voice gets deeper than even mine can!

CKD said...

My crush started with Empire of the Sun. Aww yeah...old school Bale.